In the Phlebotomy Technician Program, you will learn the skills to assist health care teams in the accurate, safe, and reliable collection and transportation of blood and other specimens for clinical testing.
The 6-week training period allows for extensive experience with current technology, expert instructors, and a diversity of patient phlebotomy opportunities, including adult in-patient and out-patient environments. This training is an earn-to-learn-based program.
- Lecture & Hands-on Student Lab
- Clinical Training
- Instructors include experienced faculty, phlebotomists, and hospital leaders
- Blood and non-blood collection, transport, processing, and handling techniques for patients of all ages and conditions, and for various testing requirements
- Healthcare delivery and medical terminology
- Infection control and safety
- Basic human anatomy and physiology
- Point of care and waived test performance
- Workplace communication and professionalism
- Laboratory operations and practice
Graduates from the Phlebotomy Training Program will receive a certificate of completion. The certificate qualifies the graduate to take the Certification Exam through the National Healthcare Careers Association (NHA)